Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Vagaries

It seems two years of insomnia and more recently, the nights awake in the past week are catching up on me; I have slept more than 9 hours for two straight days. And this coming at the most crucial juncture of my professional, personal and academic life.
Sigh!

I relate animal sacrifice to Gods in the modern age to the human sacrifice atop the Aztec (or was it Mayan, no definitely think it was Aztec) pyramids in the medieval age.

When Stephen Fry was asked how and when he realized he was gay..."I suppose it all began when I came out of the womb. I looked back up at my mother and thought to myself, That's the last time I'm coming out of one of those."

Pissenstance - The mohsintionary describes it as the collusion of a multitude of pissing events happening in succession or close proximity to each other and furthering the destructive (pissing) effect than could have been caused by each such event in individuality.
Alternate - A happenstance may include positive or negative events. A pissenstance is exclusively for negative events.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 11, 2008 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Anshul said...

Wow, why can't a happenstance be exclusively for happy events? Don't such a cynic!

 
At December 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Pagan Winter said...

^^^
Hmm... True... But that's probably only true in 'Happy Happy Gay Gay Sunshine Land' which, everyone now knows, doesn't really exist...

NB: Wendol! Remove that annoying Word Verification Thingy... It's not like you're getting spam comments, ...yet

 
At December 12, 2008 at 1:56 AM , Blogger 7ark said...

haphazardly well written..."english August" by upamanyu chatterjee..go thru it once..i guess u will really like it..
cheers..keep blogging

 
At December 14, 2008 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Wendol said...

@ Anshul : A pissentance makes you cynical :-(

@ Vaigoo : Lol at Happy Happy Gay Gay Sunshine Land...Roflmao Copter...Hahaha!
Only two or three people check this blog, so I might as well actually bother them :-P

@ 7ark : Well, a new reader, welcome! I will try and get my hands on the book you suggested! Danke.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home